Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10 weeks old...


Ila had her 2 month check up yesterday. She is 10 lbs 6 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. Tall and skinny girl, just like my doctor predicted in the ultrasounds! She had to get her heal pricked (AGAIN!) and get 2 shots and some oral medication. She didn't even flinch for the heal prick. She LOVED the oral medicine and didn't mind the 1st shot at all. But the 2nd shot made her cry, only for about 30 seconds though and she has been fine ever since! Today I noticed that you can't even tell where she got the first shot but where they gave her the second shot is red and swollen so maybe she was flexing her leg when they did it and that's why it hurt.

We are so lucky to have such a good baby. I wouldn't change anything about her because she is so well behaved. She loves smiling and will lay and look around by herself long enough for me to get ready or clean. When she wakes up she doesn't cry... she just talks to let me know she's awake. She only likes to be held like a baby if she is tired or eating, otherwise she likes to be sitting up facing out so she can look around. She likes to stand up also and can hold all her body weight well. She sleeps well at night, from about 8 pm to 8 am give or take (which means sometimes her and I sleep in til 9 or 9:30!), usually waking up to eat twice.

I am still really concerned about her getting swine flu, which is becoming way too common. I asked her doctor if she were to get it, if she could get medication and she said she is too young, she has to be 6 months. And she may or may not survive without it! The doctor also said that washing your hands often, means you are better off than the people who are actually getting the vaccine! I thought that was interesting. I know quite a few people who have had it and I'm not taking any chances, including my next door neighbor and little brother. Anyway, I'm a handwashing freak!

Ila is being blessed this weekend and we are excited to see family that is coming for it! Someone knitted her an amazing blessing dress, booties, and bonnet and I'm so excited for her to be in it on that special day.

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! You know, I think there is only one picture of her I've seen with her eyes closed...which either means she's awake a lot or you just post all the open-eyed pics. Either way...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is awake all the time!! Except at night luckily, she is SO alert for her age and she has been like that since she was born. It makes it kinda hard to get things done though!

    ReplyDelete