Monday, October 19, 2009

Pride

Sometimes when I see the way other people are living their lives, I compare mine. I wonder if that's the way I should have done it. I see the things of the world and in the media and I think, I'm happy with my life and here's why:
I'm proud.
I'm proud I chose to get married cause otherwise I wouldn't be progressing.
I'm proud I have a large family cause it has given me patience.
I'm proud I am American even if sometimes I wanna move, things are best here.
I'm proud I have never been drunk or smoked a cigarette or done anything else to alter my state of mind.
I'm proud that I decided to put off school and give up a job and money to stay home and raise my baby.
I'm proud of how good looking my husband is.
I'm proud that I sometimes share too much information and am not embarrased by it.
I'm proud that I don't spend too much time worrying about what other people think of me.
I'm proud that I got a breast reduction even though I was told my future husband may be turned off by the scars.
I'm proud that even though my scars ARE horrible, my husband doesn't mind them one bit.
I'm proud that my husband is the only man to have seen them (if you catch my drift)
I'm proud of my in-laws and their selfless decision to have 6 children.
I'm proud to be a Republican, and I'm proud that I believe in taking care of yourself and not thinking others should do it.
I'm proud of the way my priorities have changed around so quickly after having a child.
I'm proud that my husband, brother, stepdad and so many other men in the world have served and are now serving missions for my church.
I'm proud I have learned/am learning how to cook.
I'm proud I have my own opinion.
I'm proud I have had opportunities to travel and see and live in different places and meet different people.
I'm proud that I usually don't buy things if I feel I can learn to make it myself.
I'm proud of my positive attitude.
I'm proud my husband has so much drive to succeed and supports my need and desire to be in the home.
I'm proud that I can find something in common with anybody.
I'm proud my grandparents chose to be baptized so many years ago or I wouldn't be able to be proud to be a Mormon.
I'm proud my parents are happily raising another child even though they weren't planning on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment