Monday, December 14, 2009

Being a Single Mom is hard

This weekend Trent went to Laughlin with my dad and brother for a desert truck race. He had fun and I'm glad he got to go but holy cow, it made me realize how nice it is having a husband. I had a photoshoot scheduled for 10:00 Saturday morning. Thanks to Ila's growth spurt she has gone through since the cold (and after the diarrhea... can't this girl give me a break?) she has been eating about double the norm. Which means she has been waking up 3 times a night again. Which is fine, but I was planning on her being my alarm clock Saturday and I didn't take into account that she would probably sleep in since she was up more in the night. So we both woke up at 9:00 which meant I had a 1/2 hour to get her fed, changed and dressed. Get myself showered and ready. Get my camera gear ready to go. and get that dang diaper bag packed (I HATE packing the diaper bag). And all this assuming she would let me do it. I hurried and switched out memory cards since my one in the camera was full and I didn't have time to load them on the computer. Angie called and offered to watch Ila during the session so I pushed back the session to 10:30 to get me enough time to drop her off. As I pulled off the exit, it seems like one side of the car is lower and more bumpy. I was driving with the spare on since one tire got a bolt in it earlier in the week and we were waiting for a new one to come in, but it was really bumpy. So I hurried and pulled in a gas station to give the spare more air. I pumped in 75 cents and tried putting air in, I hear the air going in but nothing is happening. I call Trent, I am doing it right apparently. I put in another 75 cents, time runs out again, tire is still flat. I ask the gas station guy to help me, he is busy on his blue tooth and doesn't want to but finally consents. He says it's my tire and is nice enough to let the rest of the air out of so that I am now officially driving on the rim. I drive it on the rim over to Discount tires across the street and Angie meets me there to take me to her house and switch cars. I fly down to the place I'm meeting up for the session, we finally find each other after a mix up and settle down to take some pictures. Remember how I switched out memory cards? Well, I click to take a picture and I get the message "Memory Card error...." I try again, and again, and again. I pull it out, is it in wrong? Nope. Okay, sorry folks, guess we will be doing this another day...
SO the moral of this story is... I want to offer Sheena a public apology for giving you the run around Saturday. I really felt so bad! and I hope I didn't ruin your day. I'm really excited for our rescheduled session Saturday. Same place, same original time sound good?

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute! That is totally fine for this Saturday! I just felt bad you were having so many hiccups in your day...no worries from our side; we had no other plans! Hopefully this time it'll go better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete