Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's been 4 months? Are you kidding me?!



I can't believe how quickly she's growing up! Ila turned 4 months old yesterday and had her 4 month check-up. She is 25 1/4 inches long and 12 lbs. 13 oz, which puts her in the 75-90th and 25 precentile. Her head is in the 50th. She loves standing on your lap and jumping up and down. She has found her voice and has no problem letting you know when she wants to be held! She is sleeping through the night for about 8 hours straight, and I'm loving it! (I think I figured out the secret to getting a baby to do this, although I don't know how big of a secret it is but what I tried worked after 2 nights, so if you are interested, let me know and I will tell you what I did. side note: I feed my baby formula at night, I know it sticks with them better and I don't know if that has a huge impact on what I tried) Look at her sweet little hands... I'm really lucky she's a good sleeper cause I get migraines when I have interrupted sleep. In the beginning I was getting headaches every other day, at least! Ila started rolling over a week ago. I feel like she will be sitting up on her own soon and crawling and walking pretty early also. But, I have no other baby to compare her to so who knows? The big news: the doctor told me to go ahead with the rice cereal, and that's a post on its own! She has started grabbing everything and putting it into her mouth, and my favorite... she LOVES kisses! She will lean in for them all the time over and over and over. We just love this little girl so much.

1 comment: